Summer Student Position
Position Title: Community Development Assistant Coordinator
Start Date: Flexible Start Date in May or June
Length of position: 10 weeks
Salary: $15/hr – 30 hours a week
Key Functions, Responsibility and Accountability
This position will primarily support Re:Action4Inclusion; a provincial youth engagement initiative of Community Living Ontario. In addition to this, the position will also support the project work within the Community Development Department. The position will report to the Manager of Family and Youth projects. Please note, any student hired for this position will be required to work at and/ or commute to our North York Office.
Focusing on the priority areas of (but is not limited to):
- Will work in conjunction with Community Living Ontario’s Provincial Youth Partnership and Project Advisor to support youth engagement initiatives and projects.
- Coordination and development of the program for the Re:Action4Inclusion conference.
- Provide support to the Provincial Youth Advisory committee and their respective work.
- Work in concert with communication and marketing to monitor and develop the social media elements of our youth engagement strategies.
- When required, will support the coordination of events hosted through the Community Development Department.
Eligibility, students must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2 for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are passionate about inclusion and diversity and have an interest in social justice and community building we want to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter and resume to Emily Branje before 4:00 pm on Monday, May 7th 2018. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please contact Linda White
Manager of Family and Youth Projects
1-800-278-8025 ext. 239